Monday, April 1, 2013

Anniversaries -- Inspirational Mondays

My inspiration for this month comes from the one year anniversary of the AtoZ blogging challenge I started in 2012. Although I will not be taking part in it this year, I am forever in debt to the shear luck I had in finding it in 2012. Last year I challenged myself to write twenty-six 600-1000 word stories all in the month of April.

I had no idea where the stories would come from or if I would even be able to finish what I started. I did finish. At times I was writing into the wee hours of the night, but I did it. And I am all the better for it. You can see a link of the stories on the side there. The whole challenge got me going and helped me find my writer's sea legs. From there I was able to springboard to more stories. I'm still writing and plotting and know it's a long haul.

I find the anniversary quite inspiring. It reminds me of where I started and where I thought I was headed. And I am not disappointed. Thinking about it allows me to dream the dream again. 

It has gotten pretty quiet around here (my blog), and it probably will remain that way. I just find I prefer to write instead of blog. I will probably keep the once a month schedule on the first Monday, but wh
en I have stories to show I will. Thanks for visiting.

4 comments:

  1. I'm doing the A to Z Challenge again this year. Sorry we won't be seeing you around.

    But whatever helps to make you a better writer. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to check in on your blogging! Have fun with it.

      Delete
  2. 26 600 word stories in one month? Impressive dude!

    Yes, writing is a never ending process. I wish you well on the journey.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what people think, please share!