Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Blog Awards

I have been a terrible blogger. I have received a number of awards and I have yet to answer to them. This is my awards post. Two of these awards ask you to talk about yourself a bit. This is something I'm terrible at due to my introverted personality, but I'll accept the challenge.

First I want to thank the wonderful bloggers that took the time to visit and give me the honor of these awards. Here are the links to these wonderful people. They are people to follow if you don't already.


From farawayeyes at Far Away Series


From Jennifer at A Creative Exercise
From Andrea Teagan at The Enchanted Writer
From Paige Lollie at The Dream Words


From Jeff Hargett at Strands of Pattern
ABOUT ME:
From the Versatile Blogger Award: 7 Random Things About Me
  • I'm a terrible golfer, but I'm better than those I play with, therefore I like it. I only play three or four times a year. 
  • I became a vegetarian four years ago because my wife and son were vegetarians. Now I am grossed out by the thought of eating flesh. I don't miss eating meat. 
  • I miss grilling meat in the backyard. Grilling vegetables or mushrooms does not satisfy my need to seer a steak or pork loin. That I do miss. 
  • I coached middle school football for 7 years. As of last year I've officially resigned. I'm kind of sad about it, but am looking forward to having fall afternoons back. 
  • I never played any kind of organized sports growing up, my mother would not allow it; she claimed I could get injured and was not worth the risk. 
  • When I was in 5th grade I really wanted to play the trumpet, but my parents said they couldn't afford the instrument. They then paid for four years of karate lessons, belts, tests, etc. for my younger brother. It took me a long time to get over that. Now I just strum the same four chords on my guitar over and over. I regret never having taken my own lessons later in life. 
  • I think kids are hilarious. I wish more adults were child like. 
From the Fabulous Blog Ribbon:5 of your most fabulous moments
  • When I married my wife: The whole night went so fast. The moment that sticks out from that night is when my wife and I left the reception hall to get some wine from the bar (which was outside). Everyone was inside and we were outside. It was nice to get away from the whirlwind that was the gathering of family and friends. It foreshadowed our honeymoon nicely. 
  • Our honeymoon in Costa Rica: The mountains, the waterfalls, the hotsprings, the beach, the whole week was amazing. My favorite moment was sitting at the pool that overlooked the pacific ocean and smoking a Cuban cigar as my wife swam in the pool. Never since have I felt such relaxation. 
  • The birth of my first son: You can read about it in my Father's Day post, but one moment I remember was from the room they took me and my son to in order to bathe him. I remember him holding my pinkie finger as he slept. I remember looking around at the other terrified fathers in the room, each of us knowing that feeling of wonderment. 
  • When my first son met my second son: I remember coming to get him from the waiting room. There he sat with his grandparents. He had a gift in his lap for his brother. I'm so glad I have a video of it. 
  • Finishing my Z story for the A to Z Challenge. I didn't know what to expect when I started my A story, but when I finished the Z story and published it, I was amazed that I did it. I now know that I am capable of much more creativity than I first thought. 
5 things I love:
  • my wife and sons 
  • free time 
  • staying up late 
  • sleeping in 
  • the smell of the beach 
5 things I hate:
  • mean and inconsiderate people. 
  • when things don't work the way they are supposed to 
  • when people think they are better than others 
  • constraints on life due to monetary matters 
  • the 24 hour day, it needs to be 36 hours long. 
With all of these awards I am supposed to post the rules then pass them along to other people (anywhere from 5 to 20 people). I can't do it. First, I would have to dig around to find out if certain bloggers have gotten these yet. I know, I'm a terrible person. Second, most of the blogs I visit already have these awards. I know the purpose is to link to knew blogs and get to know new people. I just prefer doing it in the context of reading comments on blogs I already follow, or withing blogfests or flash fiction contests.

How bad is this? If any more experience bloggers out there know if this is like breaking one of the Ten Blogging Commandments (or like farting inside a blanket fort), please let me know and I'll do the due diligence and start excavating. If it's like not passing along a chain letter, and I should expect my pets to die, then I'm willing to take that chance.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about that myself. I'm doing the fabulous ribbon one. 'farting in a blanket fort' lol nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what people think, please share!